Organized: Telegraph Media Group Limited
Contest Name: Telegraph Travel Writing Contest
Location: UK, Channel Islands Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland
terms and conditions
1. The “Just Back” weekly competitions are open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of Telegraph Media Group Limited, The Post Office, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To participate in this competition, entrants must write a feature article on their travel experiences in no more than 500 words. Entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entries will be judged on which are the most original, interesting and entertaining.
4. Entries should be submitted in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the entrant’s full address and telephone number. Attachments will not be accepted.
5. Entries must be received by midnight on Wednesday to be considered for publication in The Daily Telegraph’s Travel section and on telegraph.co.uk/justback 10 days later.
6. The judging panel will be comprised of representatives of The Daily Telegraph Travel section. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
7. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Telegraph Media Group Limited and The Post Office to feature any or all of the submissions in any of its publications, its websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Illegible, incomplete or defaced entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
9. The weekly winning entry will be published in The Daily Telegraph’s Travel section and on telegraph.co.uk/justback. One entry from all winning entries will be chosen as The ‘Just Back’ article of the year in December.
10. The winning entrant of each weekly competition will receive £200 in the foreign currency of his or her choice. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days of the winner being notified. The writer of the ‘Just Back; article of the year will receive £1,000 in the foreign currency of his or her choice. The Post Office will contact the winner within three weeks of his/her being notified, to identify his/her closest Post Office branch, from which the currency can be collected. A home delivery option will also be available. Currency will be exchanged at the prevailing Post Office exchange rate and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered into.
11. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication and are subject to availability.
12. The winners may be required to participate in publicity.
13. An up to date list of the winners’ names and counties can be obtained by sending a sae to Just Back Winners, Travel Desk, The Daily Telegraph 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT.
14. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
15. The Telegraph is responsible for the publication and adjudication of this competition. Provision of the prizes is the responsibility of The Post Office. Promoter Telegraph Media Group Limited, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0DT.
Source of this writing contest 2015 visit here